This was my second month participating in Foodie Penpals and it was just as fun as my first month. This time, I had a little bit more experience on what to expect and how to handle shipping so things went along more smoothly.
My Foodie Penpal for this June 2012 was Kara from Blondie Bakes and Bikes!
Kara went far and beyond for Foodie Penpals. She wrapped a shoebox and tied it with a ribbon!
Look how pretty this package is! I couldn’t help but smile when opening this up. Thank you so much for being my Foodie Penpal this month Kara!
From left to right:
~ Zico Dark Chocolate Coconut Water. I stuck this in the fridge to chill for a bit before trying it out. As soon as I took a sip, I knew I had to try and make something with it. I ended up making Dark Chocolate Coconut Frozen Yogurt/Coconut Water with Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. Recipe to come!
~ Kookie Karma raw Banana Bread. This was the first thing I opened as it was the smallest snack available. I expected a crunchy cookie, but it was chewy goodness instead!
~ Homemade Granola. This saved my butt on my flight from Utah to New Jersey. Since it was packaged in a clear (glass) bottle, I had no problems bringing this through security. Instead of paying an arm and a leg for horrible airline food when we took off, I munched on some dried pineapples, dried cranberries, cashews, dark chocolate, and chocolate covered cashews instead. Gave me the energy boost I needed after waking up at 5:00 am in the morning for my flight!
~ Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter. Surprisingly, I haven’t tried out Cookie Butter yet and I’m so glad this was included. There are so many things I’d like to try with this!
~ Trader Joe’s Savory Thin Mini Edamame Crackers. I love edamame and have a bag in my freezer at all times. I also brought these along on my flight from Utah to New Jersey so I’m sure I’ll get a chance to try this out during my stay (or even on my flight back).
Thank you so much Kara!! I enjoyed your goodies greatly! ^_^
If you’re interested, go and check out what I sent to my June 2012 Food Penpal Dominique of Craftfully Cooks.
Now for those of you who are new to this and interested in joining, here is what Foodie Penpals is all about.
– On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penapl and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
– You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
– The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
– You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
– Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, Lindsay will keep two separate lists and match US with US and Canada with Canada!
If you’re in Europe, please contact Carol Anne from This is Rock Salt (http://thisisrocksalt.com/) at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
If you live in Asia or Australia and want to get involved, email Lindsay at email@example.com and she will see if there is enough interest.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th! You will receive a confirmation email from Lindsay within 24 hours if you sign up. IF YOU DON’T GET ONE, send Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org an email!
Please check out other Foodie Penpal reveals here!
Feel free to check out my other monthly Foodie Penpals reveals here!