I’ve been dying to make a version of pumpkin brownies since the weather started cooling down. Every autumn I crave pumpkin pie. I’ve also been craving chocolatey chewy brownies as well and thought to mix the two together.
A lot of research was done before making these brownies. These were made two separate times and my second batch is almost gone!
For my brownies research, I went to my favorite Alton Brown’s Cocoa Brownies Recipe.
I also browsed through many recipes from Michelle of Browned Eyed Baker’s Brownie Recipe List.
My pumpkin topping was based off Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
Pumpkin Condensed Milk Nutella Brownies
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
4 ounces melted butter
¾ cup cocoa
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 ounces of condensed milk (Libby’s recipe calls for evaporated milk, I substituted with condensed milk.)
For the Brownie layer
1. Set your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your 9″ x 9″ pan to keep cake from sticking by lightly coating bottom of pan with cooking spray or use butter and a cocoa dusting.
2. Beat the eggs and melted butter together with the sugar and brown sugar.
3. Add the Nutella, vanilla extract, flour and cocoa and mix until just blended.
For the Pumpkin Condensed Milk layer
1. Beat the eggs, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt together.
2. Add the pumpkin puree and slowly incorporate the condensed milk until well combined.
1. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan.
2. Pour the pumpkin condensed milk mixture on top of the brownie mixture.
3. Lightly tap on counter top to remove any air bubbles.
4. Place the pan into the preheated for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean when testing for doneness.
5. Allow to cool for 2 hours before cutting.