Ever since I received a jar of Cunha’s Country Store Fig Spread and Hise Farms Hydroponic Produce Strawberry Jam from previous Foodie Penpals, I’ve been trying to figure out how to incorporate these into baking.
Thumbprint cookies came to mind!
Thumbprint Butter Cookies
1 cup butter
2/3 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flours
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup of your most favorite jam, jelly, or preserves
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream your butter and sugar together until it lightens and reaches a fluffy consistency.
3. Add the vanilla extract, flour and salt and mix until just combined.
4. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough and roll into a ball.
5. Place onto a buttered/greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your palm.
6. Use the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon (rounded) to make a shallow indentation in the cookie.
7. Fill with 1 teaspoon of jam, jelly, or preserves.
8. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
9. Allow to cool on the sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving to a cookie rack for further cooling.
I couldn’t wait for the cookies to cool before trying one of each flavor. It was a warm buttery goodness!!
I haven’t decided if I prefer the fig filling or the strawberry filling and I’ll happily eat them all trying to figure it out!