I always make some sort of minty dark chocolate cookie for the winter season. Mint and chocolate is one of my most favorite combinations, with coconut and chocolate coming in a close second. Since I was craving ginger molasses cookies as well, I decided to combine the two!
This isn’t for everyone, but it satisfied both of my flavor cravings and was exactly what I was looking for. ^_^
Minty Dark Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa (or cocoa of your choice)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon cloves
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated (white) sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
4 tablespoons molasses
4 oz dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your cookie sheet with
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, ground ginger,
cinnamon, and cloves in a small bowl.
3. Cream the butter and sugars in large mixer bowl.
4. Add the eggs individually, mixing until combined.
5. Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts as well as the molasses
and melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
6. Add the flour and cocoa mixture in two parts and mix until just
7. Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and place on your parchment
lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
9. Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool