I’m not sure why it took me so long to post this up! I’ve been making these wrapped olives for the past two or three years after trying some for the first time at ‘Bout Time Pub & Grub. Mr. Munchimunch always requests these around football season. Sometimes, he’ll even request them for movie nights or just because.
These are super quick and easy to make and oh so delicious! I vary these up by using different types of bacon or different stuffed olives, but this recipe is my go to version.
- 1 12 ounce package of bacon
- 36 olives
- 36 toothpicks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak your toothpicks in warm water for about 10-15 minutes. This will prevent your toothpicks from being burned when baking in the oven.
- Cut your strips of bacon into thirds. A 12 ounce package should yield 12 strips of bacon which yields 36 pieces of cut bacon.
- Drain your olives. You can taste test one and if it is too salty, soak your olives in cold water for about an hour. I don't normally soak my olives because we love the saltiness!
- Wrap each olive with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place your wrapped olive onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes. Flip each piece and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and allow to drain on paper towels. Eat immediately!