After asking a few of my classmate for some cookie suggestions, one of my classmates suggested Ginger Molasses Cookies.
I decided to give Ginger Molasses Cookies a try and I’m so glad I did!
Ginger Molasses Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks or 1/2 pound) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
4 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons granulated (white) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in small bowl
3. Cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add the molasses and mix until combined.
6. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
7. Shape about a tablespoon worth of cookie dough into a ball.
8. Roll into the 2 tablespoons of sugar. (Optional step.)
9. Place onto a greased cooking sheet and flatten slightly.
10. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
11. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
These smelled so good coming out of the oven that I had to snatch one before it cooled!